The Isaiah Project currently have a full time vacancy for a Resident Finance Liaison Officer. Working closely with our residents you will provide them with responsive customer orientated support dealing with finance and housing related queries, including liaising with Southend Borough Council benefits department.
The role will maintain efficient and effective processes to manage and report on rental income, resident payment plans, service charge and arrears. Working as part of a team you will need to be flexible and able to respond to varying issues which arise as a consequence of helping our residents. The successful applicant will need to demonstrate strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills, be experienced with online applications, have basic QuickBooks Online knowledge and be proficient with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel. Working knowledge of the benefits system is an advantage but not essential.
Specifically the role includes:
• Management of resident housing benefit applications, council tax reductions and change of circumstances adjustments via My Southend portal
• Resolve queries relating to benefit suspension, adjustments for working and overpayments liaising closely with Southend Borough Council
• Maintain accurate records of housing benefit due and received, and resident top up payments
• Maintain up to date accurate records of resident payment plans and rent top up
• Management of the Resident & Property Details team spreadsheet
• Assist residents with PIP and Universal credit applications
• Maintain and efficiently monitor resident utility providers ensuring best tariffs are applied
• Develop and manage new resident on boarding procedure (approx. 5 per year)
• Preparing regular Resident Finance Position sheets
• Managing Payment Plans with Residents ensuring resident do not fall into arrears
• Relevant Quickbooks report export and data inputting in relation to resident finances
• Prepare & organise the signing of property Leases and Resident Licence Agreements
• Setting up rental payments to Landlords
• Preparing reports for the trustees including ‘Resident Arrears’ and ‘Supported Housing Breakdown’
All employees are expected to:
• to demonstrate a positive, friendly, helpful and gracious attitude at all times,
• be punctual to work,
• dress appropriately for the role for which they are employed,
• maintain a clean and tidy appearance,
• maintain a high level of integrity with regard to their work and in their dealing with others,
• be honest at all times, and
• make every reasonable effort to fulfil their responsibilities, and to help other employees wherever possible.
Application forms are available on request from the office detailed below.
The Isaiah Project is a charity formed by Hazel Copping and Southend Christian Fellowship in 2008. Opening doors of opportunity and hope to the vulnerable and disadvantaged in the community, we help people get back on their feet, providing ongoing support and friendship, help with benefits, training in life skills, volunteering opportunities and accommodation.
The Isaiah Project, The Plaza Centre, 600 Southchurch Road, Southend-on-Sea, SS1 2PT
Tel: 01702 436417 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Isaiah Project is a Registered Charity No. 1156428